So today was Kimber's last day as a first grader! She had a fun day. I am so proud of her. She has done so well in first grade. She is an avid reader, a wonderful artist and very quick with numbers. Yes, I am the proud mom! Now summer can start....
Today, I got a wild urge to do something creative and productive. I decided on a whim to paint Khloe's room (soon to be Kimber's room) pink. I've actually been thinking about it since we moved here, 2 1/2 years ago... But today, I did it! I loaded the girls up in the car and drove to Home Depot, we picked out the paint, bought all the stuff to do it and headed home. It took me abuot 6 hours, I didn't think it was going to take that long!!! But I taped first, then went at it. And I have to say that my girls were so good today! They entertained themselves while mom was busy. Well, we had a couple of mishaps... Kelsey touched the wall to see if it was dry and found out it wasn't, wiping the paint on her shirt! Khloe walked in to check on me and stepped in the paint...and I stepped in the paint once while I was engaging myself in a phone conversation... not something to do while you are trying to paint! But it looks great, if I don't say so myself! Poor Khloe can't sleep in her room tonight, so she is sleeping with Kimber!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
how funny. I commend you for doing it all yourself. I hate to paint. LOL
I am sure it will look so cute with all Kimber's stuff in there. When are you moving Kimber in there?
Congratulations on getting so much done in one day!! You need to post pictures of the new room!!
I want to see pictures of the pink room! I am SOOO proud of you! you put COLOR on walls! WOW!
Post a Comment